Friday, April 16, 2010

What's on Your Bucket List?



I saw a movie a few years ago, called, The Bucket List. It was about two older men who had terminal illnesses, and decided to do the things they wanted to do before they died, or "kicked the bucket".  It was a great, fun movie. I have a list of things I'd like to do in my life time (my life goals/dreams) and I often look at this list and see where I am at.  My list changes every year or two, so I have to review it and update it. Do you have a "bucket list"?  I'll share mine here in hopes of giving you some ideas if you haven't done one yet:

My Bucket List – April 2010*

- See Madonna Live in Concert (Done - Nov. 3, 2012 St. Paul)
- Spend a romantic week (or two!) in Paris (done August 2011)
- Go to New York (done August 2014)
- Swim with the dolphins (done Feb. 2010)
- Go on a hot air balloon ride (done August 2012)
- Sailing (done Aug 2014)
- Get a Master of Social Work degree (Completed October 2014)
- Write a book on Aging Well
- Celebrate my 25th Wedding Anniversary
- Go to Costa Rica (Done 2015)
- Go to Hawaii (a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line?)
- Own a corvette
- Pay off all debt
- Take a photography course
- Ride on a hovercraft
- Move to a bungalow
- Watch my children graduate from high school (one down, one to go!)
- Watch my children graduate from college/university
- Watch my children get married
- Celebrate my 50th Wedding Anniversary


Life is short and you have to enjoy every day. Focus on the positive and count your blessings.  Achieving your own goals and dreams can help you feel happier. Have a happy day!

“Happiness is what you feel when what you want to happen happens.”

- Angela G. Gentile

*Updated 06 Sep 2014.

No comments: