Saturday, June 5, 2010

Recharge Your Batteries


“There is only one thing people like that is good for them;
a good night's sleep” - Edgar Watson Howe


I love to sleep.  I especially love it when I get eight hours of sleep.  I love my pillows, my soft blankets, and my mattress.  Have you noticed that when you come back from being away on a trip, your bed is one of the things that you missed the most?

I hope you are one of the lucky ones that feels well-rested and gets enough sleep.  I am feeling pretty fortunate these days.  It's not always been easy though.  I have been sleep deprived twice in my life.  Both times were right after I had my babies.  It's funny how mother nature makes you numb so you can survive those first few days and weeks (months) of motherhood.  It's all a blur really.  Now that the kids are older, they don't cry for me at night, and they don't come to my bed because they "can't sleep" or "had a bad dream" I am finally getting some rest.

Sleep is a precious resource that we all need to get on a regular and frequent basis.  I know it's quite a treat (at my age) to get to bed early, or when I actually feel tired.  Sleeping in (past 8:00 am) is also something that I hope for on the weekends.  Most of us have routines of what we like to do right before going to sleep.  I like to read (the only problem with that is, I can't read for very long, because then I get too tired.).  I feel most refreshed when my batteries have had a full-charge, and that's a full eight-hours overnight! 

Sweet dreams!

~Angela

No comments: