Sunday, October 14, 2012

Starting the Day Off on a High Note

Rocky - on his 7th birthday
I have a dog named Rocky.  He is a 7-year-old cockapoo.  We named him Rocky because he was mainly white as a puppy and he had one black eye.  Rocky has become an important member of our family.  He greets us when we come home as he approaches us at the door with his little stump-of-a-tail wagging. He has become more cuddly over the last couple of years.  He is well-known for being very obedient, and he loves to do tricks.  Everyone loves Rocky.

Rocky and I have a special routine every morning.  He waits for me to get up, get out of the shower, and he anticipates the dog treat that's about to come.  My kids have noticed how excited Rocky gets.  He actually ran up (or flew up) the stairs to my bedroom, three at a time, to get my attention.  It's as if he is saying, "Come downstairs, now, I can't wait to get my treat!".  He runs, spins around, jumps up, as I am walking towards the cupboard that holds the treats.  It is our morning ritual.  He's excited to see me, and I'm happy to help him get his day started on a high note.  He spends most of his day at home alone, so at least I know he's had a little bit of excitement.

The bond Rocky and I share is unique.  He knows he'll get a treat, just because I woke up.  It makes him really happy to see me.  It helps me start the day off on  a high note, too.

Pets - gotta love 'em.

Have an awesome day!

Angela G. Gentile

No comments: