Monday, July 19, 2010

Would You Like to Dance?

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."  — Mark Twain


When was the last time you danced? I remember when I was young and I danced at the local clubs every weekend. As a young child, I remember dancing to music at the estate that my Grandparents were caretakers for.  My daughter takes dance lessons.  Hip Hop is a popular form of dance among the younger crowd.  I even took some belly dance lessons a couple years back.  Line dancing is fun, too.

A dream of mine had been to take dance lessons with my husband.  For years I had suggested it, and finally we took some lessons through one of our community clubs.  We learned how to do the two-step, the slow fox trot and the old-time waltz.  Dance lessons are a great way to spend some time together with your significant other.  It's a great way to get out, and get exercise.  Learning something new is always good for you, too.

These are some ways to put dance into your life:

1.  Put on some of your favourite upbeat music, pull the drapes, and let the music move you.  (It's best to do this when no one else is around, or else your family will think you're nuts).

2.  Go to a wedding, anniversary or fundraiser social event.  It's always fun to celebrate and dance at these events with family and friends.
3.  Take dance lessons.  There are different kinds of dance lessons, talk to your friends and get ideas.

4.  Go to a club.  You can dance into the early hours of the morning, with like-minded folks.

Whatever you choose, do it with a mission to dance the night away.  The last time I danced (in public) was at my brother's wedding, and we had a great time.  My brother can sure break-a-leg on the dance floor!

Have a great day!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: