Monday, April 26, 2010

Power Hour


Instead of going to the gym the other day, I went for a "Power Hour" walk with my husband.  It's been a while since I actually power-walked.  Here's what happened:

1.  I witnessed a sunset.
2.  I smelled stinky manure.
3.  My feet hurt, because I wore the wrong socks.
4.  I saw a really cute dachshund puppy.
5.  I spent some quality, walk-and-talk therapy time with my hubby.
6.  I text-messaged my daughter about 10 times.
7.  I sang with a robin.
8.  I decided I need new "walking shoes" because my feet hurt.
9.  I did my stretches when I got back.
10.  I took off my socks and saw I had a really huge blister on the bottom on my left foot (ouch!).

All-in-all it was a good, productive work-out.  We walked about 4.5 kilometers.  I liked it way more than going to the gym (except for the smelly manure and blister).  You just don't get all this variety at the gym.  The doctor recommends I walk for 30 minutes a day.  I wondered if I walked for 3.5 hours once a week would that count?  (after my blister has healed).  I can't believe I got blisters from walking for one hour.  On the bright side, I did get some exercise and fresh air.

What can you do in a "Power Hour"?  

Ciao!
~Angela

No comments: