|Hair dyed with Kool-Aid|
How to Dye Your Hair with Kool-Aid:*
1. Boil 1.5 cups of water.
2. Add one package of Kool-Aid drink powder mix to the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
3. Transfer the boiling coloured water to a smaller cup.
4. Take a section of hair that you want coloured, and tie back the rest. Very carefully, immerse the hair to be dyed in the cup. BE CAREFUL - IT WILL BE HOT!!
5. Keep the hair in the hot water for 15 minutes. Then rinse hair with very cold water from the tap until the water runs clear. This will close up the cuticle.
6. Blow dry, style and enjoy!
*Cautions and Tips:
|Photo from: Little Eden|
- It will stain a plastic cup, so use a ceramic or glass cup.
- Initially, it may stain your clothes or pillow case so maybe use a dark towel to protect your fabrics.
- It will be PERMANENT colour.
- If your hair is light blond, and you use blue, your hair will turn green.
- If your hair is dark blond, you may want to use a brighter colour (like red - Fruit Punch)
- If you hair is very dark, you won't get much of a result.
- You can try dyeing just the tips, or one streak. Get creative!
~ Angela Gentile