Friday, April 8, 2011

First Robin


A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  
It sings because it has a song.  
 ~Chinese Proverb 

I have been hearing the robin's song for a few days now, and finally, this week, I saw my first robin. My husband called me over to the window, and there it was, sitting on the fence, singing out it's song.  

As the weather gets nicer, I always look for signs that spring is officially here.  The days start to get longer, the snow starts to melt, and the Canada geese return.  These are the signs that spring is coming.  The real, official sign for me, though, is spotting that first robin of spring.  Ever since I was a kid, the robin has always been special to me.  My birthday is in the spring, and it's my favourite time of year.  The promise that winter is over, and milder, warmer weather is on the way.

Have you seen a robin yet?

Have a great day!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: