Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Magic


"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Jackie Evancho is a 10-year-old child prodigy.  This blonde, blue-eyed cutie has an amazing voice, and she sang "O Holy Night" for  at the National Tree Lighting Ceremony in Washington, D.C. earlier this month.  President Obama and his family were in the audience.   Her voice is so much bigger than she is, and she has such an amazing gift.  She was very honoured to perform at this event.  The first time I heard her singing on "America's Got Talent" I couldn't believe that that was her voice.  Jackie was the runner-up on "America's Got Talent".  "O Holy Night " is one of my favourite Christmas carols.



I also found this music video of Jackie singing "Silent Night".  Another one of my favourites. Very nicely done. 



These songs are definitely putting me into the Christmas spirit.  Children have a special way of ensuring there is magic at Christmas time. 

Have a wonderful Christmas!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: