Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Junk Drawer to the Rescue

The other day my daughter needed some safety pins to put her dance costume together.  The straps on her overalls were falling down when she danced, and we needed some pins.  I usually have a little box full of safety pins in my sewing box, but wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find that little box.  I searched in a few spots, but still couldn't find it.

I then thought of that "junk drawer" we have in the kitchen. I rarely take things out of this drawer, and I have no idea what's in there.  I put those little odds and ends, things that don't have an official home, into that drawer.  These things are useful, so we don't throw them out.

This time I needed something that I hoped our junk drawer would have.  I rummaged around, and low and behold, I found four safety pins!  Junk drawer to the rescue.

Do you have a junk drawer?  Has it saved the day?  If not, maybe some day it will!  Here's a cute little poem I found called "Junk" Drawer.
Cheers!

~ Angela

2 comments:

Lizzie's Insomnia said...

I have many drawers like this and can never find anything...thank you for sharing and thank you for dropping by my blog and your kind words which are appreciated.

Angela G. Gentile said...

From one blogger to another - you're welcome!