Monday, June 14, 2010

Recipe Collector



I have a few hobbies, and one of them is collecting recipes.  I say, '"collecting recipes", because that's pretty much what I do.  If someone I know from work, or at larger gatherings makes a great new dish or dessert, I always ask for the recipe.  Once I get the recipe, I stick it on the fridge for a few days, hoping that it will miraculously make itself (it never does). 

I have a large binder full of recipes.  I have all kinds of wonderful cookbooks, and I have two small recipe file boxes that are full of little white index cards.  I know that when I Google search the word "recipes" I get over a half-a-million hits. I guess I have this notion that some day I am going to have the time and interest to cook.  I wouldn't want to dispose of any of "my" recipes because they are all so good. 

I am not a good cook, and I don't bake much either.  I have a wonderful husband who does most of the cooking at home.  I can say that I have a great collection of recipes and cookbooks, and you know what they say, "it's the thought that counts".  Excuse me now, I have to go eat.

Buon Appetito!

~Angela

No comments: