Saturday, March 27, 2010

Laugh Often



I have had the pleasure and privilege of attending two events that made me laugh. Laughter, they say, is the outward expression of sensations of joy and humour. Earlier this month, I went to see Dr. Phil Callaway speaking at the Alzheimer's Conference. One of his claims to fame is that he is able to teach us to laugh when life stinks. He is an author of many books, and one of his books is called, "Laughing Matters". He had a huge audience laughing at themselves, even in difficult, stressful times. I was pleasantly surprised that his lessons on life, parenting, and caregiving could be presented in such a humourous way. He has a website, http://www.philcallaway.ab.ca/, and he can be found on Youtube. If you want a laugh right now, go to http://www.youtube.com/ and search for Phil Callaway's Stress Test.

The other very pleasant surprise I came across recently was a play, called "Girls Only; the Secret Comedy of Women". An entire audience of women (and one man) last night were rolling on the floor laughing, so to speak. The energy in the room was amazing. I laughed so hard until I cried and my cheeks and stomach hurt. I would recommend that you go see a comedy like this if you need a lift. "We all deserve to laugh like this!" I was so relaxed and lighter afterwards. It felt great. You can find the Girls Only website at http://www.girlsonlycomedy.com/.

Comedy, laughter and joy can help you "look on the light side of life". If you search youtube.com and search "funny", you too can have a laugh. Another thing I like to do is watch, "America's Funniest Videos". There are ways to "lighten up" life, you just have to go out and find them. Laugh often, and you will feel uplifted, and you may even smile a little more!



Have a great day!

Angela

No comments: