Monday, May 24, 2010

The Pleasure of Music


"Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without." - Confucius

Music is a very big part of our life.  Music can be used to help us relax, or it can help us get motivated.  There are many types of music, and such a variety of artists that there is something for everyone.  I hear music when I am waiting in the doctor's office.  I see people with their ear buds on at the gym.  Music is everywhere.
 
Both of my children take music lessons.  My daughter takes piano and my son takes piano and percussion (drums) lessons.  Our home is usually filled with some kind of music.  Whether it's my kids taking their lessons or practicing on the piano or drum set.  The radio is on oftentimes, and the music is a nice background when we are getting ready in the mornings.  I have an iPod docking station in my bedroom, and I can download hundreds of songs onto my iPod and play whatever music I am in the mood for.  I also have a lot of music on my BlackBerry.  I can listen to the music when I am in my car, or when I am on the go.  My daughter prefers top 40 tunes right now, and we often have the house full of uplifting, pop music.  The rhythm and melodies in our home are a pleasure to hear.   

TV also has some muscial programs and channels that are enjoyable to watch.  American Idol, Canadian Idol and Glee are fun programs to watch.  The talented artists practice and produce music that appeals to many people.  There are also TV channels devoted solely music and the artists, such as MuchMusic and MTV.
 
I have my own favourite music to listen to, depending on my mood.  I like a lot of the top 40 pop songs, and I enjoy it in the mornings when I am getting ready for my day because it puts me in a good mood for going to work.  If I want to wind down, relax or read, I'll put on some relaxing, soothing sounds. I enjoy jazz, classical and some of my favourite artists include Madonna, Michael Buble, Josh Groban and the Black Eyed Peas.  Whenever I have company over, I enjoy setting the mood with music.

No matter what kind of music you enjoy, there is always pleasure felt when you are able to listen to your favourite songs. 
 
Have a wonderful, music-filled day!
~Angela

No comments: