Monday, May 10, 2010

Pamper Your Peds


"Pedicures aren't just about your feet; pedicures are a total relaxation experience." ~Stephanie Dray

I just had a pedicure.  It was a gift I received from my husband as part of a package of pampering treatments at The Pure Escape salon.  I go for pedicures two or three times every spring/summer.  There are some shops that do a better job than others, so you have to find out what works for you.  Some salons have massage chairs that you can sit back in and relax while you get a back massage.  Putting your feet into the warm water and letting someone else look after you is very nurturing.  I know for myself, after a long, cold winter, my feet really need to be scrubbed, filed, massaged and my toenails are in desparate need of repair.  It's fun to pick out pretty colours to suit your mood that day. 

Let's face it - sandal weather is upon us and out little toes are going to be getting some sunshine and attention in the upcoming months.  You owe it to yourself to be pampered.  There are a lot of beauty salons that do pedicures for a variety of price ranges. The last pedicure I had took one hour. Some places offer a manicure and pedicure special.  If you're too busy to make an appointment, make sure you try to get your feet in "summer-ready" mode and at least soak then scrub your feet with a foot file, trim your nails and put on some fresh polish.  You never know when you'll be needing to put on those sandals again!

Choose to pamper your feet real soon!

~Angela ♥

No comments: