Saturday, March 27, 2010

Staying connected with friends


"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though she knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.


In this crazy, busy world, we often find that it's hard to stay connected to those we care about. Phone calls usually end up with a message left, and you rarely get to talk to someone for a lengthy enough time because there are so many things going on. Facebook has been a place where I can connect with my family and friends. I'm not one of those people who have hundreds of friends, I just have a small community of those I care about and want to stay connected with. I enjoy sharing my news and pictures, and reading about what's going on in others' lives. When our dog Gypsy died, my daughter posted it on her Facebook status, and she received so much support. Networking sites are places we can go to provide support and friendship in a timely manner.



Email is also a wonderful way that we can stay connected. Even if it's a joke or a warning (aka Urban Myth), every email we receive says that someone has thought of us, even if for just a brief moment.


Going out to a movie, going out for a coffee or tea, or getting together for a meal are great ways to get out and have some great friendship time. Plan something fun! I remember once I went horseback riding with a friend, and we had a great time.


Take time today to connect with someone who you haven't talked to for quite some time. You'll be glad you did!


Cheers,

Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though we have never met, i really appreciate your friendship , love Carol