Saturday, March 27, 2010

Live well - Exercise your rights (and lefts)

When was the last time you went for a walk? Went to the gym? Stretched? Played sports? One of the ways we can show ourselves self-care, is to exercise. I go to the gym 2-3x weekly, and often I have a dialog with myself that I don't want to go, because I am tired, I have other things to do, I'll go later. I read that the worst part about exercising is that point where we argue with ourselves and we procrastinate doing it, and the best relief or remedy for this is to just go and do it.

Do you have a great piece of exercise equipment in your home? What is it being used for right now? If it's a laundry hanger, or if it's collecting dust, commit yourself today to spending at least 20 minutes giving it some attention. If it's nice out, go for a walk. If it's not, run up and down the stairs a few times and do some sit ups. Jump-start or beef-up your exercise regime starting today.


The best thing about exercise is how you'll feel when you are done. You'll feel relaxed, happy and relieved that you did it! And if you're one of those people who loves to exercise and doesn't have a problem motivating yourself, please share your secrets with us!


Have a happy, active day!


Angela

No comments: