Thursday, September 12, 2013

Leading Ladies in Pop Music

The female pop music artists are competing for our affections nowadays by putting out new exciting music and powerful music videos.  I am amazed at how fierce, brave, and free these women appear and how they have to go the extra mile to get our attention.  Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry are three leading ladies in the world of pop music that stands out for me right now. I like their music, and I see them as role models for our younger generation.  Some may say they are not good role models, however.  What these ladies are doing is showing society that women can be strong and independent.  Sometimes I wonder what happened to the classy, feminine role models.  Madonna was the leading lady of my generation, and she had no competition.  Now the competition to get noticed in music is tougher I see none of them standing out above the other.  They are all amazing entertainers, and yes, sometimes they cross the line.  But isn't that what gets attention?

The other thing I noticed that was common for all these three ladies is that they have a tattoo on the inside of their arm.  It was applied to that very sensitive spot on the other side of the bicep.  I can only imagine how that feels to get a tattoo there.  These are some tough cookies.

Here are the three leading ladies and their music videos.  Some scenes are explicit.  Don't say I didn't warn you:


Lady Gaga - I Live for the Applause

Katy Perry - Roar

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball


Have an awesome day and stay strong!

Angela G. Gentile

EDIT:  Just found this new song by Britney Spears - "Work Bitch" - Another leading lady in pop, with a strong and fierce song.  Check it out, here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/britney-spears-legendary-new-single-work-bitch-leaks?bffb


No comments: