Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What is Your Five-Year Plan?


Personal goal setting is a topic that I have talked about in the past.  I am the type of person that likes to have goals and I am motivated by having a meaningful purpose in my life.  On occasion, I can become overwhelmed with a lot of things going on, and I lose my focus.

Recently, I have revisited the topic of Personal Goal Setting.  I have found a great article that I will be using to help me set up my personal goals.

The article is on a website called Mind Tools and it is called, Personal Goal Setting:  Planning to Live Your Life Your Way.  It includes a very detailed description of how to go about determining goals. If you sign up for their newsletters, you will receive a free 20 page eBook called, "Goal Setting Toolkit".  It is quite detailed and motivating.

I once heard someone say their doctor asked them, "What is your 5-year plan?".  I think it's a good idea to have some direction, especially for those of us that are easily led off-track.  The types of goals that can be made are things like financial, educational, occupational, artistic, travel, relationships, etc.

I look forward to reviewing this information and formulating my 5-year plan.  I am pretty sure it will include finishing my Master of Social Work degree, travelling to Costa Rica and New York, writing a book on Aging Well and paying off all my debt.  These are also on my bucket list.

Try it for yourself and let me know how it goes.

Have an awesome day!

Angela G. Gentile

www.AngelaGGentile.com

1 comment:

Eddie Galvan said...

Thanks for sharing this information. It is a useable information. This is a nice and good post about 5 year plans.