Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Don't Be Afraid to Be "YOU"


Phyllis Diller, 1917-2012

When I learned of funny lady Phyllis Diller's death, I was quite surprised.  I had just been reading quotes on aging the day prior, and there were a couple of her quotes that made me laugh:  

I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do.  -- Phyllis Diller

I don't know how you feel about old age...but in my case I didn't see it coming.  It hit me from the rear. 
-- Phyllis Diller

Phyllis Diller died at her home at age 95 on August 20, 2012.  I started looking for some videos of her, and found one where she talks about what she has learned about life.  She speaks very highly of a book called, "The Magic of Believing", by Claude M. Bristol.  I watched the video and thoroughly enjoyed her inspirational messages.  Some of the takeaway messages I get from her are:

Keep learning, up until your last breath.

Our minds are so great - it's a great computer.  

Don't be afraid to be "YOU".

Be the best YOU.  Be kind, gentle, sweet and darling.

Imagine wearing an imaginary white-feathered cape, so the negative, critical remarks bounce off you like water off a duck.

Think private, positive thoughts.

Be happy.  Convert everything in your life into love.

See her in this video, being interviewed by three different people at three different stages in her life.  She talks about "The Magic of Believing".  The video is called, Phyllis Diller on "The Magic of Believing", the book that shaped her life.



Click on the arrow above, or go to this YouTube link:  http://youtu.be/Ma0FbWLSOcU

What a beautiful woman.  She will be missed.  Rest in peace.

Have a great day,

Angela Gentile

No comments: