Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What Are You Wearing Today?


As I was getting dressed today, I was reflecting on how I decide what I am going to wear.  As a woman, we have many choices.  Skirts, capris, pants, dresses, leggings, shorts, jackets and vests are some of the choices a woman has when she decides what to wear.  Sometimes I let the weather be my guide.  Is it grey and cloudy?  Then I may want to wear something cozy, warm, and comfortable.  Sometimes I decide to go against the weather.  If it's cold and I am tired of wearing my good old standby black, I may choose to wear a bright colour.  Sometimes it's a piece of jewellry that I want to build my wardrobe around.  Sometimes it's a pair of shoes with a certain colour or look that I want to enhance.  Am I dressing for work or for play?  Getting dressed to go out with a friend or out on a date is fun!

It's far too easy to get into a rut and wear the same old, same old.  Do you know what I'm saying?  Buying a couple of new pieces of clothing or accessories can boost your mood and your wardrobe.  Changing of the seasons always excites me, as that means I can start wearing different types of clothes (long pants vs. capris for example).  The best part of clothes is I am able to express myself with colour and design and that always is a reflection of my mood.

What are you wearing today?  What influenced your choice?

Have a great day, no matter what you decide to wear!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: