Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do You Have a Reusable Shopping Bag?



I have a reuseable shopping bag that I keep with me at all times.  I purchased it about five years ago.  It's green and it's made by Envirosax.  It's durable, washable and folds up nicely into a very small item that fits nicely into my purse.

I try to use my reusable bag as often as possible.  When the clerk asks me, "Do you want a bag for five cents?", I say, "No thanks, I have my own".  Not only am I saving money, but I am also saving the environment.  Billions of single-use plastic bags are littering and harming our earth.  Some places have actually banned the use of the plastic bag such as areas of Los Angeles, USA.  Other places around the world put higher charges on their plastic bags, resulting in a huge decrease in plastic bag use.  Some retailers are giving people monetary incentives to bring in their own reusable bags.

Do your part, and get some reusable bags.  They are available almost everywhere.  If you are purchasing one or two items, do you even need a bag?

Check out www.envirosax.com for some ideas of what these bags look like. Some are very fashionable.  Most stores carry some form of reusable shopping bag now.   I prefer the bags without the store's name on it. 

Have a great day!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: