Monday, August 23, 2010

Fashion File - The Skirt


I recently purchased some new skirts, and I had some trouble finding exactly what I wanted.  I was looking for a longer skirt, but ended up with some "pencil" skirts.  Pencil skirts are slim-fitting with a straight and narrow cut.  According to the website, The Chic Fashionista, "The most flattering skirt length no matter height or shape, curvy or slim, is right above or at your knees."  I am overall pleased with my purchases and know that I made the right choice.

I happened to be listening to Oprah Radio on XM Satellite radio the other day, and I heard one of the fashion editors at Elle Magazine talking about skirts with columnist Lisa Kogan.  He said that the pencil skirt or A-line skirt (A-line skirt is fitted at the hips and widens towards the hem, making an A-shape) is most flattering when it is 1" above or below the knee.  He also said that the kitten heel is popular right now.  This is a shoe with a heel that is about 1" high.   As we head into fall, we can wear these skirts with tights and boots, or a kitten heel shoe.

To get more information on "How to choose the right skirt that flatters your body shape and height" by  
The Chic Fashionista, go to this link: http://www.thechicfashionista.com/fashion-skirts3.html#Right%20Hemline  They even have a free newsletter called, "Chic Fashion News".  I have subscribed and look forward to the fashion tips and advice.

Have a good day!

~ Angela Gentile 

No comments: