Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An Apple a Day

Have you had your apple today?

Studies show that on average, we are eating only 20 lbs. of apples each year, which works out to only one apple per week.  It's a good idea to eat an apple every day.  It's good for us, period.  I remember learning the saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" when I was very young.

We try to have the fridge stocked with apples.  My favourite is Gala.  I like to slice the apples as it is easier to eat that way, and I find there is less waste.  We all like apples in our house, so we try to eat them often.  An apple is usually in our lunch bags. Or we may cut one up to have with breakfast.

I found this article on apples, and I thought it was really good,  9 Reasons Why an Apple a Day Really Keeps the Doctor Away.  It's really convinced me that apples are one of the best foods for many reasons.

Have a great day!

~ Angela

No comments: