Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mission: Surprise!


My coworker turned 60, and we (she and I) had planned to go out for lunch on her birthday. What she didn't know was that I planned a big surprise lunch party for her! I circulated a card and took a collection and it ended up there were 20 people waiting for her at the restaurant. She was totally surprised! Had no clue what we were up to. As we walked towards the table full of familiar faces, she turned to me and said, "What have you done?" I said, "Surprise! They are all here for your birthday!" The shocked look on her face was priceless. As reality sunk in, she was so touched. I couldn't believe we kept this from her for almost two weeks without letting the secret out! We bought her some gifts, too. She was very thankful and greatful for what we had done for her.  Boy, sure is nice to see someone happy.  Who can I surpise next?

~Angela

No comments: