Friday, April 29, 2011

Punch Buggy


I was thinking about a game we used to play when we were kids, called Punch Buggy. If we saw a Volkswagen Beetle, those little, cute compact cars, we would call out, "Punch Buggy", name the colour it was, and "punch" the person next to us. In addition, if you were fast enough, we could say, "no returns" or "no punch backs".

Just the other day, I was driving my daughter and some of her friends to their volleyball practice. To my surprise, I heard one of the girls say, "Punch Buggy Blue" as a VW Beetle drove by. It was so cute to hear that this game is still played. My Uncle used to have a Beetle, and I always thought the Beetle was a cute car. I see small cars on the road now all the time. The Smart Car is cute, too. I also noticed the Mini and the Fiat 500. The VW Beetle has come out with a newer model, and it looks much the same as the old style. Everything old is new again. Here's the new style for 2012. Still cute I say!


Have a fun day, and don't punch too hard!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: