Sunday, September 5, 2010

Living in Balance


I was looking for something in one of my drawers, and I came across a page from one of the page-a-day calendars that I had a while ago.  I kept this page, because at the time it was very meaningful and inspirational to me.  It was a calendar that I had bought for myself, called, "For Women Who Do Too Much".  The quote was asking us to Reevaluate "essential".

When we think about living in balance,
it often does not include spirituality, quiet time, 
healthy time, and rest.  
All too often, it means balancing the tasks that "have" to be done.

I am striving for a balanced life, and I am working hard to incorporate all the things that don't "have" to be done.  These non-essentials are very essential to me now.  Very difficult to do, especially when you are busy raising a family of very young children.  As the children get older, there is more time to look after ourselves.

Have a happy, balanced day!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: