Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Comforts of Red Rose Tea

"If you are cold, tea will warm you.  If you are too heated, it will cool you.  
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.  
If you are excited, it will calm you." --Gladstone, 1865

I have been a tea drinker for a very long time.  My grandmother always had a pot of tea on the counter, with a little tea cozy around it to keep it warm.  I became familiar with the comforting taste and warmth at a very early age.  I started to notice that not all teas taste alike, and I soon realized that Red Rose Tea was the flavour I preferred the most.  When I was a young girl, I remember the little porcelain figurines that came in the box.  Little animals were my favourite.  I kept them displayed for a very long time.  I enjoyed opening up the box and seeing what figurine was in the box, and adding it to my collection.

I found an ad in a magazine I was reading (see photo above), and it read, "When sharing a cup means even more".  The ad went on to say that "By drinking a great-tasting cup of Red Rose Tea, which includes tea sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified tea gardens, you are helping to improve the conditions of tea workers, their children, and entire communities.  And that's making your cup mean even more."

I then went to the www.redrosetea.ca website, and found great information on what kinds of charity efforts the company is doing.  I also checked out the www.redrosetea.com website, and learned that Red Rose Tea is available in almost all states now (except a few like North and South Dakota).  It used to be said that Red Rose Tea was not available in the USA.  It's nice to see that it's catching on.  I also read that Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world (second to water).  

There are many health benefits to drinking tea, and it's a beverage that is readily available in most stores and restaurants.  I have found another great tea, and it tastes very similar to my Red Rose. Tim Horton's Steeped Tea.  It's apparently their own unique blend of Orange Pekoe.  And I like it.

Here are the official websites for Red Rose Tea:   www.redrosetea.ca, www.redrosetea.com.

Go to this website to get more information on the Rainforest Alliance : http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/

Have a great day!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: