Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Find Your Song


I read a book called, "Throw Out Fifty Things:  Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life", by Gail Blanke (2009).  It was inspirational in the fact that it encouraged me to look at the way that clutter fills our lives - not only in the physical sense, but also in the "mental mess" sense.  This book encouraged me to get rid of that old blue cardigan that was hanging on my coathook at the office, as well as other things.

Near the end of the book, Chapter 24 really spoke to me.  This chapter was called, "Find Your Song - and Sing It!".  The other day I was feeling kind of down, and I remembered what the author said about "a future of your own design" and "we all need a song".  She states she believes so strongly in the power of song that she asks all her clients to find theirs.  She proclaims that "it's a lot easier to be brave when you've got a song".

I have found my song - it's called Holiday by Madonna.  It's from 1983.  I guess it has something to do with the fact that back then, I was feeling pretty good - feeling like a million bucks.  Click here to hear Holiday on YouTube.  It immediately lifts me and makes me feel happy to sing and dance to this song. 

Have you found your song yet? 

Have a great day!

~ Angela

No comments: