Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thoughtful Gestures - A Little Goes a Long Way

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”

One morning, I wasn't feeling well, and my son made me a cup of tea and left me a note that said, "Love you Mom, get well soon".  This warmed my heart.  This week I received a really nice Thank You card from a co-worker and good friend.  I had put on a surprise birthday party for her and she expressed her appreciation in a card that I received in the mail.  My husband bought a $3.00 wrap organizer for a good friend who admired the very same thing when she was over visiting the other day.  He surprised her with it - she was delighted!

Small, thoughtful gestures can really brighten someone's day.  These little tokens of affection and appreciation make us feel special and loved.  Little gifts can surprise and delight.  Notes can warm the heart.  A phone call, email or text message can also make us feel connected to those we care about.  A caring, listening ear is sometimes all it takes to make your heart fulfilled.  The gift of time is sometimes the greatest gift of all.  Spending time with loved ones in this busy, hectic life can help keep bonds and foster closeness and connections.  Generosity is also something that can make you feel great.

Make your day a thoughtful one!

~Angela

PS - Thanks hubby for the idea!

1 comment:

Flowers said...

Thoughtful gestures such a a small gift, note or an act of kindness are in my opinion better than any expensive present. I like to think of myself as a very thoughtful person and love thinking of ways to make someone smile :)