Monday, May 31, 2010

Is Your Glass Half Full?


OPTIMISM as defined by The Foolish Dictionary, Online Edition:
"A cheerful frame of mind that enables a tea-kettle to sing, though in hot water up to its nose." 

I found this quick quiz, called How Optimistic Are You?  It takes just a couple minutes, and there are 9 questions.  I was quite intrigued by my results - "Sunshine with Patchy Fog".   I've always considered myself to be optimistic, and I try to have a balanced outlook on life.  When you think about pessimism and optimism, where do you see yourself on the continuum?  The quiz that I took, had four categories, all referring to weather.  Thunderstorms, Scattered Showers, Bright Sunshine, and the one I mentioned previously Sunshine with Patchy Fog were the four areas that one could fit into.  Try the quiz and see where you fit in.

I find that an optimistic outlook, seeing the "glass half full", helps get me through my days, especially when things are particularly tough.  Life isn't always easy, and it really helps to see the positive side.  I know when I am around pessimistic people, I feel the urge to help them see the up-side of things.  When it's raining, and they complain about the miserable weather, I try to add something positive, like, "Well, the plants needed it and it will wash away all the dirt".  I try to spread joy whenever I can, and try to help people see the brighter side of life. 

How do you see the glass?

Here's a very optimistic perspective:  It is always full.  It may be filled with 50% of water and 50% of air, or any variation of competing percentages, but it is always full of something even if it looks empty as it could be FULL of air.- WikiAnswers.


Have a great day!

~Angela

2 comments:

sheila said...

Well I did the optimism test and came up with sunshine with foggy patches, I feel really good about that. I guess we can all look at things brighter, and find the good in not so good situations. I really like your blog, you are such a positive person Angela, quite the inspiration!

Angela G. Gentile said...

Thanks Sheila. I guess we think alike when it comes to being optimistic!
~Angela