Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kettle Corn - A Tasty Treat



One of my favourite snacks is popcorn.  The microwave oven has made it very convenient, and in two minutes you can have a tasty treat.  Kids and adults love it. While on vacation in the USA a couple years back, I purchased some microwaveable popcorn, and the flavour was called, "Kettle Corn".  Much to my surprise, the popcorn was not only salty, but SWEET!  The very first kettle corn I ever tried, was called, "Black Jewel Popcorn", Kettle Corn flavour and it was purchased at Hornbacher's.


The kettle corn flavour is a bit tricky to find.  I found some Act II Kettle Corn microwaveable popcorn at Superstore.  It's pretty good.


I've also tried the Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Korn in the Pop Up Bowl.  It was a bit tricky figuring out how the "pop up bowl" worked, but once we got it, it was an easy, no mess solution to having a tasty snack.  The flavour was good, too.

For the history of kettle corn, check out the Wikipedia page, at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettle_corn.

Try to find some kettle corn and see what you think.  It's a great, tasty treat.

Have an awesome day!

Angela Gentile

No comments: