Saturday, December 31, 2011

Old Year's Accomplishments...New Year's Goals

At this time of year, I like to look back on what I have accomplished over the year.  I like to reflect on special family events, travel, acquisitions, changes, accomplishments and all things that are positive.  I like to take a few moments to "take stock", "count my blessings", and list all the things I am grateful for.  I am careful not to take anything for granted.

Looking forward, at the dawning of the new year, I also like to consider those things that I would like to focus on.  Improvements, setting goals, personal growth and achievements are all part of my new year's goals.  "New Year's Resolutions" is also another name for these goals that are set for the upcoming year.

Gyms are always full of people trying to lose some weight in the early part of the year, so it's important to keep up a healthy, active lifestyle all year long.  It takes about three weeks to make a habit, so if you are trying to make a healthy lifestyle change, try to keep it up for at least 21 days. You have a better chance of keeping up with your new goals.

I've heard it said, "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's - It's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas".  Sure - it pays to be careful with not overdoing it at holiday time, but it's important to keep that mentality going ALL year long.

There are many kinds of goals and resolutions that can be made at this time of year.  One of my goals is related to finances.  Another goal is related to writing and completing my book.

Take some time to reflect on your Old Year's Accomplishments, and make some New Year's Goals for yourself.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy new year!

Angela Gentile

No comments: