Friday, October 8, 2010

Funny Video for You

Call it my "Dark Side", but sometimes I laugh at other people's misfortune.  I found this great YouTube video called, "BEST funny accidents!" and I wanted to share it with you.  It is a compilation of video clips, bloopers and funnies set to music and some of the clips are older and I've seen them before (years ago) and some are classics that we still have circulating today.  Some I had never seen before.  I don't care for the scenes where it looks like there's a big chance of injury, but I am assuming all these people and animals in this video were okay and did not suffer serious injury.  I was laughing out loud at some parts. 



If you are having trouble seeing this, go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCqvnJFUUA&has_verified=1

Schadenfreude is a German word  and it means "pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others". This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages (English doesn't have a word like this).  I believe that most of us get nervous or upset when we see someone else get hurt, so our knee-jerk reaction to it is to laugh.  Remember, it's okay to laugh WITH people, not AT them.

Have a great day, and please, don't get hurt!

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: