Friday, April 23, 2010

Practice Random Acts of Kindness

The other day, when I was at our local movie theatre, I realized I had an extra coupon that entitled the bearer to a 75 cent admission.  To get in for a movie for 75 cents seems pretty reasonable, I'd think.  The coupon was going to expire, and I didn't need it.  I had an extra, and what I decided to do was to give it to someone waiting in line that was about to purchase their movie ticket. 

A little girl, about 4 or 5 years old caught my eye.  She was with a man, who appeared to be her father.  I approached the man, and offered him the coupon, telling him that I didn't need it, and hoped that he could make good use of it.  He looked at me in surprise, and looked down at the coupon, smiled and thanked me.  I'm not generally one to toot my own horn, but I just wanted to make a point about Random Acts of Kindness.  I felt happy about my good deed for the day, and know that my kindness and thoughtfulness made someone's day a little brighter.

You can find more stories about Random Acts of Kindness in the Winnipeg Free Press Online edition.  I have read through a few of the stories, and it helps me see that there are lots of kind people out there, and if we all take turns, it will make our day a little brighter.  Some even choose to Pay it Forward. 

Check it out:  http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/blogs/kindness/Random_acts_of_kindness.html

With Kindness,
~Angela

No comments: